NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) offers a B.FTech (Bachelor of Fashion Technology) program, which is a 4-year undergraduate course aimed at providing students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of fashion technology. Here are some details about the NIFT B.FTech course:
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for the General/OBC (Non-Creamy) category is 23 years as of October 1 of the admission year. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, the upper age limit is 28 years as of October 1 of the admission year.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. The eligibility criteria may vary for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per NIFT norms.
Admission Process: Admission to the NIFT B.FTech program is based on the candidate’s performance in the NIFT entrance examination, which comprises of the General Ability Test (GAT). After clearing the entrance examination, candidates are called for a situation test/group discussion/interview as per the program applied for.
Course Curriculum: The B.FTech course at NIFT focuses on developing skills and knowledge in various areas of fashion technology. The curriculum includes a mix of theoretical and practical subjects, along with internships and industry exposure. Some of the major subjects covered in the NIFT B.FTech course may include:
- Textile Science
- Apparel Production
- Garment Construction
- Fashion CAD (Computer-Aided Design)
- Fashion Forecasting and Merchandising
- Quality Control and Testing
- Fashion Retail Management
- Garment Export and Import
- Apparel Marketing and Merchandising
Apart from the core subjects, the curriculum may also include elective courses, workshops, and seminars to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the fashion industry and prepare them for a successful career in the field of fashion technology.
Career Prospects: Upon completing the B.FTech course from NIFT, graduates can explore various career opportunities in the fashion and textile industry, including:
- Apparel Production Manager
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Textile Technologist
- Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Production Planner
- Fashion Entrepreneur
Graduates can also choose to pursue higher studies or research in the field of fashion technology to further enhance their knowledge and skills.
Overall, the NIFT B.FTech course offers a comprehensive curriculum and practical exposure to prepare students for a rewarding career in the fashion and textile industry.